Now is the time to re-enroll, sign up, consider, plan, and do all the leg work to make Fall 2018 a reality. Over the years I've come to realize that super early planning isn't necessary, but is helpful. There are always spots that crop up in some of the classes that work just fine for your kid. However, if you actively investigate options, you get your FIRST CHOICES (and can always cancel later).
Well Trained Mind Academy is quite coveted. Ian likes Athena better than Online G3. And I'm hoping to get a year-long science class (which go quick!). So I'm trying to solidify with EAY next year plan so I can supplement with online classes appropriately.
My plan:
EAY
- Geometry (with math lab). I think if math is more social, it'll be more fun. Especially since Ian is ahead of peers in math, but doesn't realize it because he works alone.
WTMA
- Language Arts. We are enjoying this platform for this class
Athena
- Biology (or Chemistry). Because its less expensive than WTMA.
EMF
- Problem solving. I think this is good for Ian and will continue.
Extra-curriculars (continuation)
- Bass
- Drums
- Fencing
- 4H (Robotics)
- MathCounts
- Best Brains enrichment
Initially I was thinking he'd do a class or 2 at TCC. But that'll have to be determined by TSI scores. Intuitively, I think he's not quite ready for a "real" class. But perhaps starting a core (like Art Appreciation at a Maymester) would work. No TSI required. Or even an online class where he can get more support at home.
Here's to planning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment